Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer is here

Summer is here and I am looking forward to spending time at the beach after work...walking my dog and creating new jewelry.  

I have had much success selling my jewelry privately, with little or no advertising effort.    I find Etsy a mystery and   I am not sure if I will keep the account or end up tossing it aside.  If anything, I spent more time promoting my Etsy account to produce 1 sale.  If anybody has any opinions on Etsy, I would love to hear them.  Seems all my sales have been through myself at home, friends & family and through selected shops in and around town who have offered to have pieces on display. 
Meanwhile,when company comes over whether for dinner or coffee they see my collection and nobody goes home empty handed. 

Tonight I completed a necklace made of silver plated large squares and ovals chain, rhodnite square beads and swarovski  crystals.   Since it is dark out I won't take any pictures.  I will wait until morning for the natural light to shoot and post pictures.    Timing will be tight as I need to get into work early.  But I will do my best.

I made the cutest little child's bracelet a few weeks back.  Hope you like it.  Made of sterling silver cable chain with sterling silver charms. Adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your new creation!

    If you sell well without etsy, there's no reason to keep it I guess! I don't have the big social circle and work connections you have (since I work from home) so who I can sell to in real life without resorting to craft sales is pretty limited. You are lucky to be doing so well!

    ReplyDelete